Thursday, October 7, 2010

Powerless

Hello Phenomenal Mothers!!!!

I pray all is well, and I trust that your breakthrough is on the way real soon:) welcome again to a group that will produce great healing and a phenomenal change. Drug addiction,alcoholism, and incarceration are strong holds that has so many families bound by the work of the enemy. As phenomenal mothers coming from all walks of life we have a responsibility to overcome all adversity that the enemy plans to use to destroy Gods purpose for our lives. As you enter different phases of your spiritual growth, you will encounter troubling things. The reason why they are troubling is because your put in a uncomfortable position were you have no choice to trust God. God is in control of your circumstance, but sometimes has to shake you up to get your attention.

Last night I went to a N/A meeting to offer support as well as to be healed. No I am not an addict but I am the daughter of an addict, as well as the significant other of an addict. In listening I heard many things that allowed me to go back to an area of my life when I had no idea what was going on. The addicts that shared admitted to living their lives in insanity, making choices that cause a negative effect on their family and children, and even hating their own reflection. As I looked around the room I can recall coming home from school not really knowing what to expect. Being consumed by a fear of the unknown soon led me to becoming a over achiever. At least in striving for perfection my mind would not have the time to focus on the environment. As years went by my understanding became deeper but filled with anger and the pain of the addiction.

I looked to the left and I saw a man preparing a cup of coffee appearing to be tired from work but in need of a meeting. I looked to the right and I saw a man that had his head down in depression, and bound by pain. I looked ahead of me and saw a man that begin to speak and tell his story of how he made the 12 steps to recover from his addiction. The key statement that stuck to me was " as an addict you must first admit that you are powerless over your addiction, and even powerless over yourself" he began to speak about being a addict and trying to make it work were he could still get high. That did not work long, he admitted to surrendering to his higher power which is God. From that day on he was able to walk away and gain self control through the power of prayer. Step 11 is the best step to me his exact words was " pray, pray, pray, pray, pray, pray, pray!" Were there is prayer there is hope. So as I am sitting there I felt a reassurance that God is more than able to deliver many as I heard this woman say she was 10 years clean and the man next to her 8 years clean, and the speaker of the hour 12 years clean.

There is another world out there filled with lost people struggling with insecurity, and pain. They have succumbed to believing their drug of choice is their power. Wrong answer their power is in prayer because they are powerless!

Pray and watch what God does for your circle! Your healing rests in you surrendering as you are while being prepared through the journey. Don't ever give up- victory is your name. Your past is not your promise. Trust in God your healing is on the way!

Peace and Blessings

Shanelle

No comments:

Post a Comment